Comhairle Paróiste Ghleann Cholm Cille
Fáilte - Welcome!
Paróiste Gleann Cholm Cille
A Parish Council has been functioning in Gleann Cholm
Cille since the 1930's. Members are elected to this
body by the residents of the Glencolumbkille Church
area with elections being held every three years.
The main purpose/objective of Comhairle Pharóiste Ghleann Cholm Cille
is to look after the interests and needs of the residents of Gleann Cholm Cille.
This involves liasing with Public Bodies and Representatives to ensure:
- Roads are kept in a passable condition.
- The availability and cleanliness of drinking water.
- Proper sanitation and refuse collection.
- Provision of road signs.
- Development of access roads to beaches and places of historical interest.
- Developing a sense of pride amongst the residents of Gleann Cholm Cille
in their own area.
- Generally improving the facilities in the area.
Comhairle Pharóiste Ghleann Cholm Cille have been sponsoring schemes
for many years with the first supervised scheme commencing in 1991. These schemes
have contributed immensely to local development with necessary work being carried
out that would otherwise not have happened.
Comhairle Pharóiste Ghleann Cholm Cille work closely with other committees
and organisations in the area in the management of these schemes:
- C.L.G. Naomh Columba.
- Coíste Fórbatha Malainn Bhig.
- Graveyard Development Committee.
- Board of Management at Cashel National School.
- Lár Chomhairle Paróiste
- Building stone walls at Halla Muire and park(s)
beside Halla Muire.
- Maintaining water supply in Malinbeg village,
drainage and laying path to water resevoir.
- Completion of boundary wall at Cashel National
School, bricklaying, plastering and painting wall.
Levelling of playing area at rear of School.
- Building of storage shed for fishermen's nets
- Childrens' Playground at Halla Muire.
- River walk
Projects currently under way:
- Lace House/Tourist Office rennovation project
- River walk